Since I have pretty much lost interest in Rainmeter and the Dock scene entirely, I am shutting down this project. If you want the source files for the skin, install it and find Rainmeter's skin directory. The folder should be called Minimalist.
My first skin for Rainmeter, designed to be aesthetically pleasing while using minimal desktop real estate. The skin was designed using a resolution of 1600x900, but since Rainmeter layouts use coordinates everything should work fine on higher resolutions.
This skin is HIGHLY CUSTOMIZABLE! Included in the skin package are all the PSDs used in the skin. Also, this skin can be used WITH and WITHOUT a taskbar (i.e. with a dock).
A vista version is in the works. Everything seems to be working but the layout is severely broken.
All feedback is welcome...especially bug reports!
- Rainmeter 2.4
- Windows 7
- A few programs from the launcher will not work if you don't have them installed. Just tweak the .ini file.
- Wallpaper (optional but recommended): [link]
- Added a battery status meter for you laptop folks. There is an alternate version if your laptop does not support a "time left" measure. Please note that the measures may not be centered correctly because this skin is developed on a desktop.
- Removed the net meter changing color entirely until another version.
- Fixed incorrect code in the Network measure. Before, the wrong measure would turn red when it exceeded 3mb/s.
- Added an alternative network measure in case the first was confusing. The alternate uses the words UP for upload, and DN for download.
- Fixed a bug in the network measure where the text would not turn black again if the measure exceeded 3 mb/s. My network rarely goes above this, so please test this for me.
- FIXED THE LAUNCHER YAY!
- Added an alternate launcher. Changes were: Borderlands in place of Minecraft, Windows Media Player in place of Photoshop.
- Changed main folder name.
- Change bar colors for the CPU, HDD, and RAM to a more appealing color. If you wish to recommend a color, give me the hexadecimal color code.
- Volume module. (Will not happen until I am more familiar with Enigma and Rainmeter programming)
- Notes (waaaaaaaaaaaay too advanced for me right now. I need to code this using Enigma and Enigma has lots of C++ stuff...)
- More appealing time and date color.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.